Bachelor of Science Nursing: ADN to BSN Fast Track (14 Month Program)
RN-BSN College Roadmaps
- RN - BSN Roadmap, From Moorpark College (MS Word, 48.5 KB)
- RN-BSN Roadmap, From Ventura College (MS Word, 47.5 KB)
- RN - BSN Roadmap From SBCC (MS Word, 475.5 KB)
- RN-BSN Roadmap(MS Word, 354 KB)
- RN-BSN Roadmap from Cuesta College (PDF, 290.7KB)
- Admission Requirements(PDF, 29KB)
- Course Equivalency Chart (MS Word, 35 KB)
- Why a Bachelors Degree in Nursing (PDF, 154 KB)
- Financial Aid
- Frequently Asked Questions (MS Word, 39KB)
What is the ADN to BSN Fast Track?
ADN to BSN Track II is an accelerated 14 month, cohort program for new or soon to graduate ADN students from a local Community College which leads to a Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Program applicants are required to meet all pre-requisites and be general education (GE) certified.
Program begins each summer. The ADN-BSN Fast Track is a cohort model. Classes will be offered in five 12 week terms over a 14 month period with one month of breaks interspersed during holiday periods. Classes are offered at the CSU Channel Islands Campus
Nursing is the art and science of care for individuals, families and communities in a variety of settings. The discipline of nursing integrates the life, social and behavioral sciences with general education, nursing theory and clinical courses to produce a graduate capable of functioning autonomously as a member of a multidisciplinary team, managing and coordinating personnel, services, resources and data in addition to providing patient care.
The CSUCI graduate nurse seeks solutions to societal health needs and problems, understanding demographics and disparities in healthcare, ethical concerns and global perspectives in the practice of professional nursing at the generalist level. The Bachelor of Science in Nursing features community, public health, leadership and management clinical experiences. The curriculum and experiences prepare graduates for evidence-based practice in public health, home health, extended care, case management, occupational health, nursing management, staff development, and nursing education and will provide preparation for graduate nursing education.
- Approved by :The California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN)
- Approved by Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
- Accredited by: Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- One Dupont Circle NW Suite 530 Washington DC
Requirements for Admission
- University & Nursing Application Dates: March 1-April 15
- BIOL 210 Anatomy and Physiology I (4)
- BIOL 211 Anatomy and Physiology II (4)
- BIOL 217 Medical Microbiology (4)
- CHEM 110 Chemistry of Life (4) (Intergrated Chemistry: Includes Biochem, Inorganic and Organic Chem)
- COMM 101 Public Speaking (3)
- ENGL 105 Composition Rhetoric (3)
- BIO 203 (Statistics)
- Completion of Critical Thinking requirement
Update on Chemistry Pre-Requisite: effective no later than Fall 2014, our program will accept general, inorganic, organic, integrated chemistry, or chemistry of life (with associated lab if required at the institution where the course was taken)
- Must be a graduate of an accredited BRN Nursing Program from an accredited educational institution.
Grade Point Average:
- An overall GPA of 2.0 or grater in the prerequisite nursing courses with no grade lower than a C
- Students are advised to have their general education courses “GE certified” and stamped on their transcripts from the community college.
Frequently Asked Questions
Fore General Information regarding the ADN - BSN Fast Track ProgramCheryl Sund Nursing Analyst firstname.lastname@example.org 805-437-2691