Mandatory only for Generic Track 1 program at CSU Channel Islands and Cottage program at Goleta campus
About the Exam
- Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is a mandatory exam for Track I Generic and Cottage Health System Nursing Programs.
- CSU Channel Islands will only accept TEAS Version V
- You will not be considered for the nursing program without the results of this exam.
- We will only accept TEAS scores sent to us electronically from ATI and must be received by the application deadline for the program to which you are applying.
- For information about the ATI/TEAS examination or to purchase a study guide go to the ATI/TEAS website: www.atitesting.com
ATI Testing Policy for CSU Channel Islands Nursing Program
- ATI TEAS test may be taken twice in a calendar year with at least thirty (30) days between test dates. Test results must be submitted electronically directly from ATI.
- Please create a ATI Account prior to the test date, and save your user name and password for test date.
Note: Most recent TEAS results received will be calculated unless otherwise specified in writing by applicant.
Taking the TEAS exam at CSU Channel Islands
Summer TEAS testing dates for Cottage (Goleta Program) applicants only
June 27 & 28 9 am (Reservations will be open May 1 for the Teas exam)
The CI nursing program will offer the TEAS exam twice yearly prior to the generic application period. (Check the website for dates in January and June). For all dates we will be offering the TEAS Version V. If you are looking for an alternate test site contact other campuses with nursing programs. Every campus has their own policy and schedule for giving TEAS and acceptance of scores.
For information about the ATI/TEAS examination or to purchase a study guide go to the ATI/TEAS website: www.atitesting.com
- IMPORTANT NOTE: There is a $35.00 fee to take the TEAS. Bring a picture ID and a valid credit card with you on your test date to pay for the test online. Cash and checks cannot be accepted. Please arrive on time for your TEAS date. Late arrivals may not have time to complete the exam. We cannot provide makeups. Parking on campus is $6.00 per day and permits may be purchased at kiosks distributed around the campus.
If you are a student with a disability in need of testing accommodations for the TEAS exam: After reserving test date please email Valeri Cirino-Paez three (3) weeks prior to test date at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss needed accommodations, registration for services, and required verifying documents. Documents must be signed by a licensed professional and be three (3) years or more current.