Nursing at CI
For more information regarding the RN -BSN program please click on the link below
Fast Track Program: http://nursing.csuci.edu/programs/ad-bsn.htm
RN - BSN Program: http://nursing.csuci.edu/programs/track2.htm
Nursing is the art and science of care for individuals, families and communities in a variety of settings. The discipline of nursing integrates the life, social and behavioral sciences with general education, nursing theory and clinical courses to produce a graduate capable of functioning autonomously as a member of a multidisciplinary team, managing and coordinating personnel, services, resources and data in addition to providing patient care.
The CSU Channel Islands graduate nurse seeks solutions to societal health needs and problems, understanding demographics and disparities in healthcare, ethical concerns and global perspectives in the practice of professional nursing at the generalist level.
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing features a clinical precepted experience. These experiences, in addition to the curriculum, prepare graduates for acute care, specialty units, public health, home health, extended care, assisted living, ambulatory, emergency, managed care, case management, occupational health and nursing management, staff development, and nursing education.
Program Learning Outcomes
At the completion of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program the student will:
- function within the professional nursing roles as a provider and a coordinator of care, a health educator; an advocate and as a member of the nursing profession in a variety of institutional settings;
- collaborate as a member or as a leader of a health care team in the planning, implementation and improvement of health care services consistent with the health needs of a diverse and multicultural society;
- follow the nursing process by assisting clients, families and communities to promote an optimum level of wellness; sustain life, recover from disease or injury in acute, long term care, institutional and community settings;
- function as a successful professional by a commitment to self growth, development and lifelong learning;
- for generic students, meet the eligibility requirements to successfully pass the California nursing licensure exam (NCLEX); and
- for generic, RN to BSN, and ADN to BSN students, meet the eligibility requirements for the California Public Health Nurse Certificate.
- Approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing
- Accredited by Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC, 20036-1120
Board of Registered Nurses: NCLEX Pass Rate, click on link below