This page aims to assist prospective Nursing students with instructions for applying via NursingCAS.

How and What to submit:

CSUCI Nursing processes applications through NursingCAS, a centralized application service. Visit to start an application or log into your existing account. Click on the "apply now" button and complete the steps to fill out and submit your application. If you need additional help with NursingCAS, visit the applicant help center or contact applicant support with questions.

NursingCAS Apply Now

Note: Applicants should not send any documents to CSUCI Nursing during the application period. All application documents are to be uploaded to your electronic application.


Official transcripts are required for all colleges attended in order to remain eligible to apply. This includes transcripts documenting courses in-progress during the semester the application is submitted. This requirement also applies to current CSUCI students.

Applicants who have in-progress prerequisite courses during Fall are required to submit additional official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended during Fall documenting your final grades. Please provide your updated official transcripts directly to NursingCAS as soon as your grades have posted.

Please follow the steps on the NursingCAS Applicant Help Center to submit your official transcripts directly to NursingCAS. To prevent delay in the review process, all transcripts must be received by NursingCAS no later than January 1.

Military Experience

Individuals who are active duty military, discharged under honorable conditions, or are married to active military personnel should select one the below options under the "Questions" section of the application.

Applicants will need to provide the following under the "Documents" section of the application:

  • DD-214
  • Military ID documenting "Spouse" or Marriage License and Spouse's Military ID

[return to top]

Academic Accommodation Members

Under the "Questions" section of the application, applicants should select whether they have an academic accommodation such as:

  • Foster Youth
  • Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) / Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS)
  • Student Support Services (SSS)

Applicants qualifying for the above accommodations need to provide a letter of verification from their college in the "Documents" section of their application. Applicants who do not have an academic accommodation must select "No" in the "Questions" tab.

Note: This question does not refer to applicants with Disability Services.

[return to top]

Foreign Language

Under the "Questions" section of the application, applicants should identify if they have a second language ability qualified by one of the following:

  • College Level Examination Program (CLEP) with a proficiency score of 68 or higher.
    • Note: We are only looking for oral proficiency.
  • American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL) / Language Testing International (LTI) with a proficiency level of Advanced - Mid.
  • Completed Intermediate ASL Course.
  • Translated foreign transcripts from an institution outside of the U.S. in which the curriculum was taught in another language.

Applicants will need to provide the following under the "Documents" section of the application:

  • CLEP scores documenting the applicant's name and achieved test results of 68 or higher.
  • ACTFL/LTI results documenting applicant's name and achieved level of Advanced-Mid or higher.
  • College transcripts documenting completion of Intermediate level American Sign Language course.
  • Translated foreign transcripts.

We cannot accept high school courses, letters from instructors/healthcare agencies, college language courses other than Intermediate ASL, or applicant statements claiming fluency in a language.

[return to top]

Residency Information

Under the "Questions" section of the application, applicants will identify the county in which they reside or where their last college attended is located. Applicants will have the following options:

  • Ventura County
  • Santa Barbara County
  • San Luis Obispo County
  • Southern Monterey County
  • Malibu

Applicants residing in one of the above counties will need to provide one of the following under the "Documents" section of the application:

  • Transcripts from most recent school attended
  • Current Driver's License/State ID
  • Utility bill with current address and applicant's name
  • Current lease agreement with address and applicant's name

[return to top]

Previous Degree

Under the "Questions" section of the application, applicants will identify if they have a previous Baccalaureate degree or higher.

Applicants will need to provide proof of degree completion with one of the following under the "Documents" section:

  • Degree/Diploma
  • Transcripts clearly identifying degree and completion date

Note: Applicants who will complete their degree after the application deadline should not claim "previous degree" on their NursingCAS application. If you are in-progress towards your degree, you do not need to submit anything for this criteria.

[return to top]

High school participation in regional health science, bioscience academy, or ROP

Under the "Questions" section of the application, applicants should identify if they have participated in a regional health science, bioscience academy, or ROP while in high school.

Applicants will need to provide the following under the "Documents" section:

  • A letter of recommendation from the program/academic director or lead instructor of the program or academy.
  • Certificate of program completion.
  • Transcripts clearly identifying the program/course, and documenting successful completion.

[return to top]

CSUCI Student Information

Under the "Questions" section of the application, applicants should identify whether they were admitted to CSUCI as a freshman (did not take any previous college courses) or who have completed 5 of the 8 prerequisite courses at CSUCI. 

Applicants will need to provide transcripts from CSUCI under the "Documents" section of the application.

If you were not admitted to CI as a freshman or did not complete 5 of 8 prerequisites at CI then please select "None of the above" for this question.

[return to top]

Healthcare Experience

Students may claim either work experience, OR CNA/MA/EMT Licensure, OR volunteerism under the "Questions" section of the application.

All experience must be direct, hands-on patient care and must not be administrative/clerical work. 

Applicants will need to provide the following under the "Documents" section of the application:

  • A letter from your supervisor(s) documenting the type of patient care duties performed along with the total number of hours dedicated.
  • Current licensure (CNA, EMT, MA, etc.)
    • Licensure documents cannot be a certificate or proof of program completion. You must provide your current license to claim this criteria. If you have not yet received your license please provide a screenshot of the California Department of Public Health page containing your name, license number and expiration date.

For work and volunteer experience we cannot accept hour logs, letters of recommendation, resumes, or general task lists without supervisor verification.

Work experience must be paid experience and must exceed 200 hours. Volunteer experience must exceed 50 hours of service. Licensure does not require time worked/utilized license. 

[return to top]

TEAS Score

Under the "Questions" section of the application you will input your TEAS Exam information.

Applicants must input the following into their application:

  • Total Score (no decimals or percentage signs, please input whole numbers only).

Applicants must receive a 58.7% or higher in order to be eligible for the Nursing Program.

Applicants will also need to provide the following under the "Documents" section of the application:

  • A copy of ALL ATTEMPTS of the TEAS

Applicants who do not complete the TEAS Exam prior to the application deadline will be automatically rejected. Results must be submitted with your application in order to remain eligible.

[return to top]


For a list of required prerequisite courses, please visit our Track I information page.

We highly encourage all transfer applicants to visit to ensure they have completed the appropriate courses to remain eligible for application. When visiting this website, please select the institution as "California State University, Channel Islands" and under "Agreements with Other Institutions" select From: "your college" then click "View Agreements". We suggest you search by individual departments such as Chemistry before clicking "View Agreement" at the bottom of the page - this will open a new window/tab with the course agreements between the two colleges.

Under the "Prerequisites" tab of the application, applicants will need to select the appropriate course from a list of courses completed.

For applicants claiming AP for prerequisites, you must submit proof of your AP course(s) in the "Documents" section.

For assistance in ordering transcripts, please visit the NursingCAS Help Center.

[return to top]

Ready to Apply

See the appropriate program guide if you are ready to apply.

Back to Top ↑